The steak should sizzle when it hits the heat. If it doesn't, the surface isn't hot enough and the meat won't get that wonderful colour it needs. If you're cooking a thick steak (or you like your steak well done) , move it to a cooler part of the barbecue, or lower the heat, to prevent it from overcooking on the outside.read more
Season the lamb well a generous dusting of herbs like fresh rosemary or dried oregano or any other herb of your choice. You can also rest it on some garlic cloves or onion wedges if you like. When you cover it and leave it to cook, the result will be lamb that is packed full of taste, is very succulent and so tender it falls apart with the touch of a fork.
Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Have a shelf ready in the middle of the oven without any shelves above it. Scatter the vegetables over the base of a roasting tin that fits the chicken, but doesn’t swamp it. Season the cavity of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, then stuff with the lemon halves and thyme, if using.read more
The Best Way To Cook A Steak...
If you’re cooking to impress and only a tender, juicy steak will cut it, don’t be fooled into spending a fortune.
Beyond the much-loved fillet, sirloin, rib-eye and rump, there’s a world of underrated, good-value steaks that will seriously deliver on the flavour front.
- Always wait until your steak is at room temperature. Put your steak on a plate and drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Use 'dry heat' no oil. As high as possible. (Dry heat cooking causes the exterior of the meat to brown and caramelise).
- Place your steak on the hot frying pan, bbq or preheated baking tray for grilling.
- After 4-6min of cooking on the first side, place a small teaspoon of butter on your steak and then flip it over to cook the other side. (Your steak must be a nice crusty brown texture before you flip it). Cook for 3-5 min until it reaches the type you like. eg. Rare, Medium and Well Done
- Use a garlic clove to rub it over the steak.
- Let you steak sit for a few minutes before you serve it.
- Enjoy the 'taste' it's amazing.
most popular Recipes
Grilled T-Bone Steak
The T-bone steaks are steaks of beef cut from the sirloin, which contain a smaller section of tenderloin.
- Choose a minimum height of one and half inches T-Bone steak.
- Once you have your perfect T-bone, prep doesn't need to go any further than salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat (do not touch bone) registers about 120°F for rare, 9 to 11 minutes.
Herbed lamb cutlets with roasted vegetables
A healthy Mediterranean-style tray bake with sweet potato, peppers, courgettes and chunky onion.
- Heat oven to 220C fan and put the peppers, sweet potato, courgettes and onion on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil.
- Use our lean lamb cutlets mix with the herbs.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven, turn over and push to one side of the tray.
- Place the cutlets on the hot tray and return to the oven for 10 mins.
- Turn the cutlets and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Mix everything on the tray and serve.